Frozen chicken

Posted by Red Ruby Rose Tuesday, December 22, 2009



Our chickens haven't seen snow before and they both treated it highly suspiciously. The normal chaotic scramble to get out of the hen-coop yesterday morning was instead a beaky sniff and slide followed by a frogmarch back into the coop. A fairly sensible decision which was very funny to watch.

Yet again us Brits have proved that we don't do bad weather. Two inches of snow and the country grinds to a halt, airports close, railways declare it's the wrong sort of snow, and everyone enjoys a good old bellyache about the terrible state of it all. Hapless visitors caught up in the gridlock ponder incredulously at our seeming lack of ability to cope with inclement weather.

Normally I can smugly observe all the shenanigans going on outside and thank my lucky stars I don't have to commute... all very easy to do when I don't actually have to go anywhere. Tomorrow I'll put all this to the test as Rob and I attempt to make it to Scotland for Christmas. Eeeek.

Happy Christmas everyone!

1 Responses to Frozen chicken

  1. Angela Says:
  2. Gorgeous photo. She looks genuinely puzzled. I love hens.

     

etsy

facebook